JJ BEST BANC - J.J. BEST BANC AND CO.

May 19, 2010
review #182696

After finally finding the truck I've always wanted up for auction on Ebay, I turned to J.J. Best Banc for financing. Before placing my bid I applied and was almost immediatly "Approved." They even e-mailed me the loan contract and agreement. All I was told I had to do was sign the paperwork and get it notorized then send it back. Naturally, I was excited about this and placed my bid. Last night I won the vehicle in question only to find out today that J.J. Best now states my credit history isn't long enough.

Well folks, That may be true, however, It's just as good as it was when I was approved. Not to mention, because I want the vehicle so very badly I was even willing to pay the 10% apr!!! simply because I understand the purpose of "Risk Based Pricing" and how it relates to my Interest Rates.

To put it simply J.J Best Banc & Co. will do nothing but set you up for failure and have set the standard in screwing people even before they become customers.

a94de19
Had an experience with JJ BEST BANC?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
joe

Sep 16, 2013

jj best would like to answer this customer by saying that in this day and age information is instantaneous and the credit bureaus have a constant flow of data which add and subtracts from you credit profile that is why mortgage companies pull your credit again on the day of funding

Tom

Jul 09, 2013 Scranton, Pennsylvania

From my experience with JJ Best the isnpection you speak of is their collateral verification...They explained to me that this is simply a vin check and they do not gaurantee merchantability of the vehicle. Valuing the car is the job of the buyer. They simply will grant you a loan if you qualify and providing the funds is their sole responsibility. The costs and liability that comes with appraising a car for every loan they write would be astronomical. You should really know what your buying prior to the purchase.

AL

Jul 08, 2013

i applied for a loan just two weeks ago. i keep calling and every time i call they ask for my information and that they will call me back
WHAT IS GOING ON??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bruce

Mar 27, 2013

I applied for a loan in anticipation of purchasing a vehicle, which was approved. In the mean time I was able to go a different route and use my credit union, at a much lower rate 3.59%, so needless to say I decided to go with the CU. I have both emailed and phoned them of this fact, that I would not be using their service and to take me off all their mailing lists. This has all proven ineffective to date. To top it off, today I even received a phone call from Peterson Law Firm trying to sell me insurance for the vehicle I purchased. By the way 508 991 8100, in New Bedford, MA, is the same phone number for JJ Best and Peterson Law Firm. These guys are a pain in the Butt.

jorge davis

Aug 24, 2012

:( :( JJBEST has declined me for ten years for hotrods & classic cars. of course... Ive had 6 or 7 New cars in that timeframe...; THERE IS A PROBLEM WTHEM!!!!!

Suzin

Feb 21, 2012

I just got a loan with JJ Best 2 weeks ago, applied on Sat, followed all the instructions, had the check Thursday morning. Totally painless process. 8% interest on a 6 year old car, not horrible.

bob

Feb 09, 2012

How could you post information on his loan. That seems like its against the law.

Allen Jones

Jan 20, 2012

I personally have just had nothing but an excellent experience with JJ Best, thanks again to Jo Ann. You have to remember this business provides a service that your typical lending institution won't touch (loan on an older vehicle with no collateral ) at a decent interest rate 8.9.

Al Jones
excellent

Royce Tollman

Nov 28, 2011

I have to say that my experience with J.J. Best Banc & Co. was all good. My delay was due to my not listening and sending the application w/o a notary stamp. The representive I dealt with was very helpful, and took it all in stride. I'm very satisfied with their service. They are a little high on interest, but that's the price you pay to have your Dream sitting in your driveway. My loan will be paid off sooner than normal. Wish you all well. Happy Holidays :grin

Kingofthe skys

Sep 25, 2011

I agree, don't trust these people. What one individual in the company tells you one day, the next day when you call someone else will tell you its not true and tell you something else.

Adrian D

Jul 23, 2011

What is. Minimum fico to be approved with jj

Phatbulldog

Mar 12, 2011

What's the lowest credit score to even be consider by JJ Best Banc & Co? My FICO score is a 670 and if Radar had a 720 I'm scared to even apply.

RADAR232

Feb 03, 2011

8) Thanks for the post Moto.
Sorry for your lame experience.
Whats up now AL???

Moto1

Feb 03, 2011

Tons of BS! I don't think anyone there knows what they are doing! Very time consuming. Will frustrate you! Only reason I got the loan is because I hadn't sold my other car yet at the time. Never will deal with again. No low rates! My credit score was 760 still got a 10% rate. Worst financial experiance I have ever had! :x

Radar232

Jan 18, 2011

I wrote the initial report before J.J. Best RE-approved my loan, which took about 9 days and a great deal of BS. I also had to make a bigger down payment than I planned for to be approved and I am paying 13% APR for 60 months with a FICO of 720.
(These are NOT low rates Al) Yes, they did finally approve my loan but they didn't make it easy and they changed the terms of the loan before closing (APR). I would not recommend using J.J. Best Banc and Co. and DO NOT bid on Ebay simply becasue they approved you, they WILL back out. I am not the only customer and Ebay-er to call them out on this practice. Also, the difference between my actual annual income and the ammount I put on the application was $1,800.00. Thats not a lot when you consider ANNUAL INCOME amounts.

Al Maranda

Jan 18, 2011

I am the finance manager of JJ Best Banc & Co and even thoough the information this customer gave to us on their application was not correct (the reason why it was denied after the approval), we were still able to get this deal completed for the customer. He received his check on 5/24/2010. We make our money by financing great cars at low rates and long terms, if you are denied after we approve you it is because the application we received contained inaccurate information (i.e. annual income). Please notice that I am not hiding my name, please feel free to contact me.

Mike

May 03, 2013 Colorado Springs, Colorado

Hi Al Maranda my name is Michael and i would actually like to tak to you on a personal email would you please contact me on michael.montano35@gmail.com

Sep 03, 2013

They WILL come out and evaluate the car being purchased if it serves as collateral. I am a seller, and just this morning a very nice gentleman came to my house to make sure that the buyer was indeed buying a car worth the loan amount. It had to run, go backward and forward, have working electrics, and he took pictures of the vehicle. I can't say as I blame them for wanting to do an inspection, but you buyers should tell your sellers that they will have to be available for the inspection. Fortunately, I have the flexibility to take a half day off (the actual inspection took about an hour, but started at 9:30). I can only assume that they could have denied the loan, had the vehicle not been up to their expectation.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about JJ BEST BANC.
Filing a new complaint about
×